Positions are available in Seoul, Korea. The Role: IT Field Technician
As Google grows, the number of Google locations is growing too. As an IT Field Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the needs of one of Google's Asia-Pacific based offices and coordinating technical resources at various regional locations. You must be an individual that is highly technical and who can directly support the IT needs of a remote office. IT Field Technicians also provide direct support for a local network environment based on Linux desktops and remote support to neighbouring and international offices. You will also provide direct support for Google’s corporate resources and applications.
- Provide direct support for Linux, Mac and Microsoft desktops/laptops and user access to corporate network and applications both on the network as well as through remote VPN access.
- Provide direct support for services such as office phones, video conferencing, and remote access.
- Provide direct support for Google’s corporate resources and applications.
- Provide direct support for Google’s office relocations and expansions.
- Provide adhoc support for Google’s other international offices (be prepared to travel)
- BS degree.
- Experience troubleshooting with applications and in a Linux, Mac or Microsoft networked environment.
- Linux/UNIX desktop support experience preferred and Apple Macintosh experience a plus.
- Experience in deploying and supporting desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing, and various wireless devices.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN and mobile computing environments.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership and customer service skills in both English and Korean.
- Have passport, will travel.